+1-770-4338211 (Phone)
+1-770-3842805 (Fax)

Details:

Index Membership: Dow Jones Composite/Dow Industrials
Sector:Services
Industry:Home Improvement Stores
Full Time Employees:189,390

Business Summary:

The Home Depot, Inc. (The Home Depot) is a home improvement retailer. The Home Depot stores sells an assortment of building materials, home improvement and lawn and garden products and provide a number of services. The Home Depot stores average approximately 105,000 square feet of enclosed space, with approximately 24,000 additional square feet of outside garden area. As of January 30, 2010, the Company had 2,248 The Home Depot stores located throughout the United States, including the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico and the territories of the United States Virgin Islands and Guam, Canada, China and Mexico. The Home Depot stores serve three primary customer groups: -It-Yourself (D-I-Y) Customers, Do-It-For-Me (D-I-F-M) customers and Professional Customers. During the fiscal year ended January 30, 2010, the Company launched products, such as EcoSmart LED light bulbs, Commercial Electric electrical tools, Husky tool bags, Platinum Plus carpeting and Ryobi outdoor tools.

D-I-Y customers are home owners who purchase products and complete their own projects and installations. D-I-F-M customers are home owners who purchase materials themselves and hire third parties to complete the project or installation, or both. The Company arranges for the installation of a range of The Home Depot products through independent contractors. Professional customers include professional remodelers, general contractors, repairmen, small business owners and tradesmen. In many stores, the Company offers a range of programs to these customers, including additional delivery and will-call services, staff, merchandise selections and expanded credit programs.